This is a quick walkthrough on using ASP.NET 5 to build a Web API layer using MongoDB. The overall concept is not too dissimilar from previous examples you may have seen using X type of database, however there are some areas covered that are either new in MVC 6 that you may find you didn't know are there. Topics Covered ConfigurationModel config.json Environment Variables OptionsModel Dependency Injection (IServiceCollection) Forcing JSON or Removing XML Formatter, Content Negotiation MongoDB Installation (OSX & Windows) mongocsharpdriver (nuget package) Testing endpoints w/ Postman or Fiddler Project Creation Depending on your environment (Windows or OS X) or preference you have a choice on how you can create the ASP.NET project. Visual Studio 2015...
- Searching docs using a .NET Core global tool
- Cross platform code coverage arrives for .NET Core
- Monitoring issues on Stack Overflow with serverless, CosmosDB and Teams
- Enabling Kubernetes Beta on Docker
- shell.azure.com - look Mom no install!
- Kompose - Docker-Compose to Kubernetes with ease!
- Running the Azure Functions runtime in containers on Kubernetes and more
- Push your images to Azure CDN on publish with gulp
- dotnet new angular to Azure with Docker using CLI
- Angular 2: Application Settings using the CLI Environment Option
- Troubleshooting Installing .NET Core 1.1 RTM on OSX
- Using Apache Web Server as a reverse-proxy for ASP.NET Core
- Deploying an Angular 2 App to Azure with Github